FloraMax Silica contains 16% silica is very effective for combating leaf wilt during summer heat. Prevention treatment is best done by applying Silica as a foliar spray. Read more..Express Delivery | VAT INCLUDED
Add to Cart - PAY ONLINE | Collect in store
Monosilicic Acid for hydroponic plants
FloraMax Silica contains 16% silica present as Mono-silicic Acid (“MSA”) and Meta-silicic Acid (“MTSA”)* . Both of these compounds are bio-available forms of silica and are completely soluble in nutrient solutions. This yields several benefits for hydroponic growers:
• Improves the rigidity of stems and leaves.
• Helps prevent leaf wilt during extreme heat.
• Increases weight, potency and shelf-life of fruit.
• FloraMax Silica is highly concentrated and readily absorbed by plants (Monosilicic Acid and Metasilicic Acid).
• FloraMax Silica is highly stable – shelf-life exceeds 20 years (testing origins predate 1998).
• Available in larger pack sizes – 1L, 5L, 20L, 220L and 1,000L – suitable for large scale commercial applications.
• Dosage: 0.1-0.25ml/L (0.25 – 1 ml/Gal) during veg and flower. Silica should be applied to an existing nutrient solution and used throughout both veg and flower. Silica is also very effective as a foliar spray at 3ml/L (3ml/Qrt).
* Reference: Molybdosilicate Method 4500-Si D., Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Waste Water, 19th Edition 1995, p4-118,119. Prepared and published jointly by American Public Health Association, American Water Works Association and the Water Environment Federation.
Plant available forms of silica? To ensure plant availability, silica needs to be present in the nutrient solution in a soluble form. This is achieved by hydrating the silica molecule:
• SiO2 + 1H2O —> SiO3H2 (metasilicic acid, “MTSA” – smaller molecule)
• SiO2 + 2H2O —> SiO4H4 (monosilicic acid or orthosilicic acid, “MSA” – larger molecule)
Bioavailability of FloraMax Silica is confirmed via “silica-demand” analysis of re-circulating hydroponic nutrient reservoirs using *AWWA’s Molybdosilicate Method.
Why use a silica nutrient for hydroponic plants? Hydroponic plants are often susceptible to leaf wilt and bud rot, especially when exposed to heat from HID lamps. Silica helps strengthen plant cells to prevent limp or weak growth. Silica, known chemically as silicon dioxide (SiO2), is the chemical form that silicon (Si) adopts in plant matter. Silica is NOT the same as silicon. Silicon is the stuff computer chips and car polishes are made from.
Combating heat stress: FloraMax Silica is very effective for combating leaf wilt during summer heat. Prevention treatment is best done by applying Silica as a foliar spray 3ml/L (3ml/Qrt). This typically allows plants to endure ambient grow room temperatures upwards of 40 deg C (104 deg F). Foliage remains rigid and turgid so that photosynthesis can continue unaffected.
“We never grow without Silica. It gives us consistency all year round. Weight and potency are improved and are reliable from crop to crop”
“The plants are much stronger... more resistant to diseases and rot... able to withstand the shock of higher grow room temperatures AND STILL DELIVER formidable results”
FloraMax Silica contains 16% silica is very effective for combating leaf wilt during summer heat. Pr..
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Register